Becoming a member of the American Peanut Council (APC) is the best thing you can do for your company if you are involved in growing, producing, or providing services for the peanut industry. To join visit the American Peanut Council website.
The APC was formed in 1997 through a merger of the National Peanut Council and the National Peanut Council of America. APC is the only U.S. organization which represents all segments of the peanut industry:
- Peanut Growers - Represented through state grower associations, the American Farm Bureau, state-sponsored promotional agencies and the regional associations which administer the peanut price support program.
- Peanut Shellers - Represented through the American Peanut Shellers Association, the Southwestern Peanut Shellers Association, the Virginia-Carolina Peanut Association and independent shelling companies.
- Peanut Product Manufacturers - Companies which produce peanut butter, peanut candy, snack peanuts and other products using peanut ingredients.
- Allied, Brokers and International - Companies which supply goods and services to the peanut industry including suppliers of equipment, packaging, and agricultural chemicals; suppliers of services including trading, brokerage, financial, and consulting; and members from all segments of the international peanut industry.
Benefits of Membership
- Access to specialized information and subject matter experts. These include crisis communications and media relations, as well as weekly APC news briefs and monthly newsletters providing the latest industry news in an easy-to-read format.
- Education/Training. Advance your career through APC educational conferences and webinars. Learn from industry leaders, specifically with regard to Food Safety. APC members receive discounts for attending these industry conferences and enjoy networking opportunities with industry colleagues.
- Job Bank. Find your next opportunity through the APC Job Bank.
- Insurance. J. Smith Lanier & Co. is APC's preferred Workers' Compensation insurance provider for members.
- Networking Events. Meet your industry colleagues at APC networking events and connect with them via the online member database.
- Standards Development. APC members are shaping the future of the peanut industry by leading special committees addressing key industry issues, such as Food Safety; Totebag Task force; electronic Data Exchange; etc.
- Industry Promotions. APC Export develops industry promotional programs around the world to increase exports of U.S. grown peanuts and peanut products.
- The Peanut Foundation. Conducts specialized research for the industry to help develop a safer better quality product; reduce costs for processing and production; and educate the industry on the benefits of research.
- Peanut Butter for the Hungry. A humanitarian initiative by the peanut industry to help severely malnourished children around the world. (www.peanutbutterforthehungry.org)
For membership information, or to join the American Peanut Council, call 703-828-9500.